The Santa Clarita Children's Choir (SCCC) started in the Fall of 2010 under the umbrella of the Santa Clarita Master Chorale. The mission of the SCCC is to provide children in the Santa Clarita Valley with an opportunity to experience excellence in choral singing.
There are two "seasons" every year: one in the Fall with a Holiday concert performance and one in the Spring with a June performance. The SCCC has the opportunity to perform selections of music with the Master Chorale as well as selections on their own. These performances give singers an opportunity to share their musical achievements and artistic sensitivities with an audience.
Rehearsals provide instruction in proper singing techniques, sight-singing, music reading, and ear training. Rehearsals vary from season to season based on repertoire for the upcoming concert. Typically, rehearsals last for two hours, once a week on Sunday evenings. As a result of a child's participation in the choir, parents can expect him/her to develop:
- A lifetime appreciation of choral music through musical performance
- Musical and vocal skills
- Ability to sing a wide variety of repertoire sung in several languages
- Poise, confidence, self-discipline, and team building skills
- Friendships with like-minded children and their parents
- Self-esteem based on personal accomplishments